Feb 1, 2007

Art and Aphorism


Maurizio Manzieri notes in his blog that his cover illustration for my 2003 F&SF story "Pictures from an Expedition" (also, as you've probably figured out, the title story in my recent collection) has enjoyed a productive life after its birth as an F&SF cover.

Maurizio also lets the cat out of the bag regarding a follow-up story that I've been working on (slaving, Gordon! slaving!)...speaking of which, I once saw the blind leading the blind and a guy letting a cat out of a bag within five minutes of each other.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Blind leading the blind" and "let the cat out of the bag" are really more idioms than aphorisms, don't you think? Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.

Unknown said...

Yeah, but I liked "art and aphorism" enough to overlook that. Couldn't help it.

MManzieri said...

If it happens and Gordon beams me up, I'll be honored to climb on your next flight to Mars.

Take care,
Maurizio